Old 01-30-2015, 04:56 PM   #10
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 IQ Club Car convert to high volt lithium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneunder View Post
Thanks for weighing in SC.

I have followed all of your builds with interest. I wasn't sure if the CC motor was different than the Ezgo or Yamaha that you had.

I wanted to use leaf batteries this time like you did but they are getting harder to come by...at least for me. So I went back to the same LifePO4 cells I used on my Ezgo build. This time 102 3.2v/120ah cells and a high power bms. With a full charge they will give me about what you got - I think. Roughly 58 volts. With my stock motor and the Alltrax controller and 205/30-12 tires, what kind of top speed would you expect?
I have 6 Leaf cells left over if anyone needs them.

Why would you need or even fit 102 LiFePo4, 120Ah cells in a golf cart? I think this might be a typo.

16 lifepo4 120Ah cells in an all series arrangement charges to 3.6v per cell and will give you 57.6v fully charged pack voltage (51.2v nominal) with 120Ah capacity.

32 lifepo4 120Ah cells in a 2P16S arrangement will give you the same 57.6v pack but at 240Ah capacity. This will increase the range way beyond a stock cart.

A 205/30-12 tire is about 16.84" tall nominal, about stock golf cart tire height. A 58v peak charged lithium pack with Alltrax DCX500 should get about 26-28 mph on stock motor but it will get there in a hurry due to the light weight of a lithium cart. Adding larger tires while keeping the stock motor didn't gain much mph if any as you have about reached the stock motors limits I have found.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote