View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 11:05 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Attempting to recondition Trojan batteries

3.8 is pretty dang low, but charge them and they'll probably be OK for a little while.
A trickle charger is gonna take forever.
You did get a charger with it right? Is it a Powerdrive charger?
There's a relay inside that can be bypassed to turn the charger on so it can charge the pack. It's pretty easy to do, just open the charger up and if it's a Powerdrive or Powerdrive 2 the relay is right at the front by the circuit breaker. Take the Black wire that goes to the transformer and unplug it from the relay, then unplug the short black wire from the circuit breaker (the other end stays on the relay). Plug the black from the transformer onto the breaker.
Now plug the charge cord into the cart, and then plug the AC cord into the wall outlet. The charger will come on and should start charging pretty high around 20 amps.
You'll let that run for about 20-30 minutes and then unplug the AC cord from the wall. Check the pack voltage and see if it's up above 36v. If it is then make sure to unplug the cord from the cart, then you can refit the wires in the charger to the correct places, close the charger up, and then plug it back in, and it should turn on and charge on its own from that point. There should be a delay of 5-10 seconds when you first plug the charger in, but it should click on and run on its own after that.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote