View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #1
Jaddels
Not Yet Wild

Default Jake’s drop axle install question

Good afternoon everyone. I’m brand new to the community and was hoping I could lean on you all for support. (I’m sure it will be the first of many).

I am currently installing a Jake’s 5” drop axle lift on a 2001.5 TXT gas and have a question. I’ve searched the forum and there seems to be a consensus the Jake’s kits lack quality written or visual instructions. Anyhow, I have the new axle on and next up is bolting the steering riser to the passenger side spindle. Included in the hardware kit is a small aluminum shim however it is not clear if this shim is to be used on the front or rear bolt of the steering riser. Of course the written instructions make no mention of its location and the picture printed with them is not clear enough to make out. Called Jake’s this afternoon and unfortunately no techs on the weekends so they couldn’t answer. Anyone here have experience with this and could advise on the location? I’ve attached pics for reference. Thanks all.

Edit: not sure how many may even have this newer style steering riser as it appears it’s been modified from even the included instructions.
Jaddels is offline   Reply With Quote