View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 06:40 AM   #55
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: V Twin Club - Who's In?

Not golf carts but I have quickly come to love my 23 HP VG twins. I'd put one in my golf cart for sure but I have a Honda single in it and a clone that would fit right in if needed. They work great. I installed a VG 23 HP in a JD 400 recently and I also bought a JD 420 with one already in it a few weeks ago. I come here for most of the info about them. They're used in the garden tractor world but not as extensively as with carts.

The 400 VG engine has been cleaned up and painted JD colors. Takes about 10 seconds to start it if it's cold. I switched to a 12V pump instead of the pulse pump but it didn't make any difference. The 420 just has a pulse pump and takes the same amount of cranking to fire up.

The 420 engine is in progress. Lots of cleanup and a few repairs to do. There are some differences between the two VG's. Nothing major. The dipstick is in a different spot on the 420 VG and it has an an oil cooler. It also has the most cobbled up exhaust pipes I've ever seen. Whoever put the engine in was an expert with willy nilly mods. Just about everything was done wrong.
army is offline   Reply With Quote