View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 07:33 AM   #1
Clubcarfam
Not Yet Wild

Default ‘09 precedent no juice

Hello forum, thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I have a club car precedent, from 2009. (Serial # PQ0903-993664) It was modified by blue ridge golf cars, and I purchased it secondhand. I’ve had it for six years, and it has mostly been trouble free. I have done the following maintenance items:

New 4x12v Trojan batteries, two years ago.
New speed sensor, over the winter.

2-3 years ago, the cart began slowing down periodically when at full speed. This happened at any battery voltage, and in any temperature. After researching, I assumed that the speed sensor was at fault, purchased and replaced the original speed sensor about six months ago. it really did not change that problem much.

We have used the cart probably a dozen times since, and it worked for a while. Then, two weeks ago, my wife complained that the cart came to a complete stop while driving at full speed. She waited about 30 seconds, cycled the ignition key off and on, and it begin moving again. Later in the same day, I was driving the cart and the same thing happened. This time, it did not want to come back to life. With the ignition in the on position, we were able to get it to go again, by holding gas pedal down, and rolling the cart forward ( sort of like jumpstarting a manual transmission car ) It engaged, and we were able to drive it home. It stopped about 100 feet from our house, And we pushed it in. Since this time, it has not gone forward or reverse.

After some research here, I decided to replace the solenoid. After replacing the solenoid, the cart still refused to go forward or back. When in the forward position, if the gas pedal is pressed down, it begins to move forward then stops. We are talking about roughly a 1/4 revolution of the tires. After further research, I decided to replace the MCOR. After this, the same symptoms persist.

The reverse buzzer buzzes, and the headlight turns on. I tested the batteries and full voltage is found across the entire pack (no problem).

What is next? The computer? Motor? Are there places around the wiring of the cart that I can check with a multimeter to identify or rule out certain issues?
Clubcarfam is offline   Reply With Quote