View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 08:19 PM   #1
taken
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2010 CC DS Battery Replacement Questions

I have a reconditioned 2010 CC DS with 2012 CC batteries that I bought this fall. I'm assuming there have been two three year battery cycles on the cart at it's course. First set of batteries run 10-11-12 and the current set run 13-14-15. Then the cart was sold off lease to the reconditioning dealer I bought it from. When I got the cart home I pulled the battery caps and found that all 6 had the plates exposed by 1/4 to 1/2". I added distilled water but assumed they weren't long for this world. My battery monitor shows they discharge somewhat without use after a few days dropping into the yellow within 4 days of non use. (This meter in case anyone is wondering...)

Anyways, I had a plan to order some really decent AGM batteries that have better specs than the Trojan 890's and a DPI charger. Before I ordered, I took the cart on an RV trip to see how long they would run. I was really surprised at the results. We went to a RV park attached to a VERY large RV dealer. About 126 acres in all. We toured the entire place every day and never dropped into the yellow on a fresh charge the night before. So, does this mean my batteries still have some life left in them or does the self discharge and history of exposed plates still indicate that they are on their way out? I have a great deal lined up on the new AGM's and don't want to loose it if my batteries will indeed be shot soon. On the other hand, I don't want to order them if I still have another year or two left in my current batteries.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated...
taken is offline   Reply With Quote