View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 07:25 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Deka battery algorithm for DPI accusense help

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach cart View Post
1. I have contacted DPI and East Penn the Deka battery manufacturer to try and solve this question. The DPI had 4 battery manufactures listed. Crown, trojan, US, and exide I believe. I am currently using the default #2 which is for trojans.
2. My batts float at 52.3 after 12 hours. Seems fine I just want to maximise the charger. Thanks for any help.
1. What charge profile did DPI and/or East Penn tell you to use?

2. There appears there may be a mixture of terms here. (Using the word "float" and "12 hours" in the same sentence.)

Float typically refers to the voltage while float charging. Should be about 52.53V for a 48V DPI Accusense in float charge.

12 hours is the typical rest time given cart batteries to obtain the At-Rest voltage for SoC estimates. The At-Rest voltage for a Trojan class battery is 50.93V.

-----------
I haven't been able to find a Voltage vs SoC chart specifically for Deka batteries, nor a charger profile for their golf cart batteries.

What I have found id charging recommendations for their batteries used in solar applications, which are also deep-cycle wet-cells.

That document reccomends 2.40-2.45 VPC (volts per Cell) for the Absorption charge phase and 2.30-2.35 VPC for the Float charge phase.

DPI Mode-2 (Trojan) is 2.35VPC in the Absorption phase and 2.19VPC in the Float phase.

You might be better off in Mode-3 (Exide) which is 2.40VPC Absorption.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote