View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #2
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: First Time Buyer - need help

OK, here's a couple of suggestions IMO.
1) 48V will give you more range. Also better for re-sale. 36V carts seem to stay for sale longer.
2) 6 batts instead of 4. Other guys here can chime in on why, (I think for range also.)
3) For easier/better upgrades, I've read that a DS Series cart is a better choice. (check out the Stickys for instruction on how to tell if the cart is a Series, (see about F&R switch.)
4) Other than age, I would stick to 2002 and newer. Just my feelings about it.
5) I like the look of the Precedent, but again, I've read plenty of posts on how the DS is better for upgrades. Others can chime in on that.
6) Trojan seems to be the gold standard. I have 2011 T875s. They were not well maintained when I bought my cart. But it seems like I have been able to nurse them back to health and I have now had 2 good years of performance so far.
7) Take a volt meter with you when you go to see them. Check the batt pack level to see if they read the correct level. Would also do a load test on them. Be polite in asking the owner for this. See other posts on this site for correct steps in doing the test.

Best wishes on your search! I'm on my first cart, but am already addicted and want to start building another......
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote