View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 02:58 PM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2019 trail camera pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
To each his own
The balance is upset by us, and we need to make some effort to correct it, or nature will make its own correction- and we won’t like the result.
The Kiabab Plateau in Northern AZ has some species unique to the area, ( a specific deer for one) so to protect it, hunting was outlawed. Within two years the population was large enough ( no predators) that they were all starving - not enough feed to sustain the herd. So feed ( not their normal feeder course) was air-dropped to save the deer. Managed hunting has been in place again , and so far seems to be good for the last 25 years or so.
My two-cents$
I'm not quite sure if your agreeing with managed hunting or not. It's the responsibility of State Game Agencies to issue a given number of license or tags to keep game populations under "control" or given numbers. This is done to avoid wild game from over browsing and thus, not having enough food to sustain a given population of wild animals.

Game numbers taken are controlled by Game Agencies dividing up areas....and then limiting the number of days hunting can take place in those areas. There is a direct correlation between hunting days and animals taken.

Here in Pennsylvania, hunters (myself included) kill, take, harvest....call it what you want, about 350,000 whitetail deer....buck and doe. The remaining deer population is sufficient to sustain those harvest numbers. If hunting were halted I can't even image not only the starving deer that would die, but the deer\vehicle accidents that would occur.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote