View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 01:40 AM   #8
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery light/charger

From the quick read I just did of the Schauer charger I think you are right meimk. One site went as far as publishing instructions for bypassing the OBC (with one jumper wire) in order to use their chargers (including the Schauer).

So, cahagg01, I think the others are probably right and the light no longer does what it is supposed to do and can be ignored.

Anyway, it appears that the charger has its own computer and will switch off when the batteries are charged so you should leave it on and wait for it to switch off automatically. As Nole said, this could take up to 16 hours or more so don't be too hasty to turn it off. Put it on for a full day and if it hasn't turned off by then you can assume that there's something wrong.

Your battery voltages seem pretty good (but you should measure them 12 hours after the charger has been turned off as that will give you the correct voltages). It sounds like you might have been pretty close to the automatic shut-off time when you turned it off manually.

So, check the water levels and put the charger on for 24 hours. It should have turned itself off by then. Unhook the charger and read the voltage levels 12 hours later (without using the cart in the meantime). If the battery voltages are at least as good as you have quoted then you don't have any problems.

If Sergio reads this he may want to give more expert advice.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote