View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #1
clubcar2010
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Where to mount voltage reducer on 2010 Precedent?

Hello! First time poster here, hoping someone can help me out.

First, a little background. Earlier this year I installed a basic light kit on my 2010 48v Club Car Precedent. I didn't use a voltage reducer, just installed a bucket harness to some sort of factory harness using the first two batteries in the series, then routed another wire over the wheel well to the tail lights (2010 Precedents aren't prewired). Not sure exactly what I did, but I followed the bucket harness and light kit instructions and everything is working properly (Are my lights operating off of 16v??).

Now, I'm ready to install a stereo head unit and some speakers, and I know I need to install a 48v to 12v reducer first. Do I need to redo my light kit wiring, or can I leave that alone and start with wiring the new voltage reducer then hooking the stereo directly to that?

Secondly, and the thing I am most curious about, where do most people mount a voltage reducer in a newer 48v Precedent? My understanding is that the reducer should be mounted to metal, but it looks like everything in the battery well is lined with plastic. Also, that space is already very crammed, and I don't even see a spot where a voltage reducer could be mounted.

Thanks in advance for helping me out, and I look forward to the responses.
clubcar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote