View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #12
cartboy
Gone Wild

Default re: RXV Auto Brake Problem

E-Z-Go came by today and yes, there is a problem, yes they know about it, and yes they are trying to do something about it. Specifically, replace solenoids with better ones.

It wasn't quite clear if we got the better ones that have been in development, but we got some new solenoids direct from Augusta put in today. Just in the carts that have had brake lockup, as they are doing it thataway instead of replacing all of them at once.

I took one repaired cart out and ran nine holes with no problem. Another one had no governor, so we can't let customers have it, and another one had total brake failure. A cart attendant discovered that, fortunately. When I tried to return it to the cart barn, downhill, it had total failure again so I had to take to the embankment. When we tried to park it with the key on, it kept lurching forward.

That's out of 6 or 7 they repaired today, so the fix obviously is still a work in progress.

We have a celebrity event Saturday and Sunday and another tournament Monday, so the next few days should be revealing.