Thread: Fuel Issue...
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 05:58 PM   #53
schreib69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Fuel Issue...

I can't help but chime in. Read your ENTIRE thread. Suggest you listen closely to FAIRTAXME, for one.

I had the same IDENTICAL problem you have been having for the last few weeks and after reading YOUR thread found advice there(FAIRTAXME!) that solved it plus my own intution.

Here is the deal: i replaced ALL hoses connected to the gas tank fuel pump, Crankcase, and carb. I spend $15 on a NEW fuel pump from China via Amazon and received the NEXT day. That did NOT solve the problem but it pumped like crazy. Of course, I replaced the fuel filter and check the inlet tube in the tank-- again, NOT the problem.

The problem was. . . wait for it!. . . THE CARBURETOR! PULL that thing and clean it.

Here is my story to Fairtax me:

Did not get your info on the fuel pump in time and ordered what appears to be a direct Chinese replacement, cast-in arrows and all, to make it a Perfect "fake"-- if so. It appears Mikuni must have licensed them. It is TOO perfect. It worked, but did not solve the problem. Before digging into the carb I pulled off the carb feed from the pump and ran in maint. mode and it pumped just great. PROOF of no fuel supply issue.

I removed the carb, soaked in Amine-based carb cleaner, piano-wired all the jets, flushed finally with Gumout carb cleaner and all is fine now. SO. The carb was the problem all along. I found that the float pin and the float were bound up so the float could not rotate about the pin. This agrees with the symptoms: weeks ago it would just die intermittently until finally it refused to go past 200 yds. Slowly, the pin was binding up the float until if froze. Gas was fine and clean but who knows how the jamoke who owned it last kept his fuel clean. . . or NOT?!
schreib69 is offline   Reply With Quote