View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Batteries only charging to 45 volts

Ah, ok. Those aren’t the best, but a 15amp charge rate should still do the job. How long have you had that charger?

First you’ll Need to closely check the wiring from the charge receptacle to the batteries and make sure it’s connected properly.

With that charger you should have your charge Positive going to the main pack appetitive terminal. Negative (Black wire from receptacle) connected directly to the main pack negative, or to the B- terminal terminal on the controller. If the black wire goes to the OBC it will not charge properly.

There is a fuse on the back of the receptacle in a clear plastic cover. Make sure that fuse is not blown.
You should be able to verify that there is full pack voltage present at the charge receptacle with a multimeter.
I can’t tell if that charger has a removable cover, but if it does you should be able to open the charger and find the two wires from the charge cord. Leave the AC cord unplugged from the wall, plug the DC cord into the cart and see if you get pack voltage on the two wires inside the charger. If you have pack voltage reaching the charger, plug in the AC cord, turn the charger on and recheck the voltage on the two DC charge wires in the charger. If you have no change in voltage, I would have to guess the charger has bit the dust.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote