View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 03:41 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Batteries only charging to 45 volts

Plug the Charger into the wall and into the cart. Wait for it to turn on. Make sure the ammeter needle goes up to indicate that it is actually charging.
Check the charging voltage at the main pack positive. That's the one with the cable that goes to the solenoid. Your Positive charge lead from the receptacle should be connected to that same terminal.

Sounds to me like either one battery is reversed, or the positive charge lead is on the wrong terminal. Could have a dud battery. Check the voltage on EACH battery individually while it is charging. With brand new batteries they should all be very close to the same. A brand new pack that only reads 49V is a bit of a worry IMO. That could either mean thay sat around n a shelf for a long time, or one of them is faulty.

My battery supplier sells so many batteries I always end up with a set fresh off the delivery truck, and they tend to measure around 50.5v every time. Sounds like a small difference, but it actually does matter when talking about State Of Charge on a brand new pack.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote