View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 02:57 PM   #4
tarmfield
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Batteries blew up! - Charger recommendations

Scottyb - yes it does have the filling system, EZ GO one from Battery watering systems with the floats and level indicators, I also popped the filling system off every now and then to check manually as i am not sure i trust those completely. Water levels were OK - I had just got back from a 3.5 week trip but had it on a battery maintainer while I was away, I had also used it a couple of times since returning and it was OK but I guess it built up some gas!

The cart went out about 30 yards the other day then crunched to a halt, there was a strong smell of batteries as well, I could reverse it back to the house OK and parked it back up. About 15 minutes later i went out to check if it would drive and that's when the batteries went pop - blew the caps of a couple of the batteries.

The batteries have a stamp of A6 so i guess they are due replacing - they have been charging OK but were struggling on some of the local hills around here and new batteries were on my list - now they are top of the list!

Any suggestions on chargers, new vs the MAC one i have with a maintainer?

Thanks!
Toby
tarmfield is offline   Reply With Quote