View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 09:29 AM   #1
br223899
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 EZ GO Governor

Good morning. I understand this has been discussed many times before. However, I couldn't find a similar thread with my particular situation. I recently purchased a 2017 EZ GO cart, and of course, wanted a little more speed. I've attached a picture of the governor assembly for reference. I adjusted the throttle cable at the location in the pic (it's in the back ground in the pic behind the transmission gear selector cable), and was able to get more speed. I was able to increase the speed from around 15 mph to about 20 mph. 20 mph is approximately where I'd like it to be. Problem is, at about 20 mph, the governor keeps kicking in and cutting power to the motor. It doesn't matter how much I adjust with the throttle cable. The governor keeps coming into play making the engine cut and surge, cut and surge at this speed. It's almost like a stiffer spring is required to counteract the rotational force of the governor rod. I think the spring stiffness on older carts is adjustable, but not this one. I also experimented with a slotted adjustment with no success. As you may see, I temporarily installed a zip tie around the spring, essentially defeating the entire governor. However, this means a careful right foot is required. I read about people getting 25 mph on this forum, and I was wondering if there's another adjustment I'm not thinking about? Or, am I stuck with this? Thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-06-19 10_09_43-Documet.jpg (102.2 KB, 0 views)
br223899 is offline   Reply With Quote