View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 09:06 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 1989 EZGO Marathon Father/Son Rebuild Project .

Since you are starting with a "clean slate", it's the perfect time to ditch that archaic resistor system, and go 48v. The old system used just as much power to go 5 mph, as it did to go top speed (lame 12mph, and slow up a hill), please put that idea of keep it stock out of your head. So much efficiency gains have been made since then... Stock golf carts were designed to go "hole to hole" for 18 holes, at slow speeds carrying 2 people & 2 bags of clubs. Not very exciting, right?

So, do you see the idea of lifting it, with bigger tires? Do you want speeds faster than 12mph? Want speed on the streets, not offroad? Just what do you want it to do? The possibilities are only limited by a budget cap. Keep in mind that 30 mph speeds with a big lift & huge tires will cost $$.

Within a budget, every desire has a tradeoff, max speed will typically come at a loss of torque for offroading, and vise-versa. I have built several electric carts that want to yank the front wheels off the ground, anything can be done. It's a matter of what you desire, and budget.

First thing is to set the goal points you desire. We can get almost anything done after a set goal is in place. Let us know your goals, and how you will be using it. We can go wild AF, or whatever "in the middle" between that and stock. (I'm just guessing 12mph stock is not how you found this place, but I could be wrong).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote