View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 04:54 PM   #8
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: MPT 1200, Cruise Speed - Larger Wheels or Cluthes? To Lift or not to lift?

Sorry for the slow reply, had to leave town for a few days.

Thanks for the additional information and the link to the article about different methods of lifting. I have read sometimes when you lift a cart with a 4 stroke engine it changes the angle at which the engine sits and you have to run a lower level of oil. Is that always the case or more model specific and how much you lift it? On an MPT would you run into that and if so, at what level of lift. Although, I would agree that 4" looks like a good amount.

On the driven clutch, what does the angle refer to? Angle of what? I gather it's something internal, maybe ramps, and it's not the sheaves - and with the 28 degree the lesser angle the less rapidly (maybe because it requires greater centrifugal force) it allows the belt to move to the inside or center of the driven clutch? Has anyone here done that, put a 28 degree driven clutch on an MPT? Did it lessen torque but increase speed? Might be a good way to go.
Tfastle@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote