View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 08:24 PM   #5
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: MPT 1200, Cruise Speed - Larger Wheels or Cluthes? To Lift or not to lift?

Thanks for the replies. I probably didn't phrase it well in my original post. I don't think anything is necessarily wrong, I would just like a less torque feel and a more cruise feel. I do understand how the clutches work and they look and seem to be working fine. When I ran it hard it did go right up to 15 and did not hit the rev limiter. If it had another 1-2 mph per hour don't know, I didn't floor it try. But I can and likely will to see. I guess I am more looking for the best way for it to cruise at a bit of a higher speed. I don't mean I want massive top end speed, but on a flat being able to cruise at 15mph without the engine having to work as hard (about like it's working at 10mph now). I suspect my best bet is to go with larger wheels, probably 22 or 23" as trig has suggested.
For those that have done that, do they still pull relatively well. I don't mean pulling a boat up a ramp but take off and navigate moderate hills ok?
If I do lift it 4" or so what is the best kind of kit, spindle or other and why?
Thanks!
Tfastle@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote