View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 07:25 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: MPT 1200, Cruise Speed - Larger Wheels or Cluthes? To Lift or not to lift?

I own two MPT 1200's. Actually one is a Refresher Cart but its the same as the MPT 1200. Its my low rider.

These MPT carts should have the 11 hp engine with 28 degree driven clutch.

The TXT's normally have the 9 hp engine with 36 degree driven clutch.

One of mine has the stock wheels and tires. Of course it pulls a hill better than the other one which is lifted 4 inches with 22 x 11 x 10 wheels and tires on it.

The none lifted one don't have the top end speed but it walks up a hill much better than the lifted one.

I can tell you look wise the lifted one is much better looking. You can see for yourself which looks better. That is my shop cart .

I rebuilt both driven 28 degree clutches. One needed a new center piece in clutch. I installed new ramp buttons on both.

Lift that thing and put you some nice wheels and tires on it. I recommend the 4 inch lift and of course mine has the larger 22x11x10 tires on it. If your driven clutch is good it should pull a hill fine unless you overload it.

I also have a TXT that is part MPT 1200 It also will walk up a hill with just me and my dog in it This is one I plan on giving to my granddaughter maybe this year.

My 2 cents
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MPT 1200.jpg (361.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Toms TXT.jpg (323.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Refresher cart.jpg (159.3 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote