View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 11:16 AM   #5
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: Roypow 105ah Lithium Battery Converversion Kit Won’t Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benpolley View Post
I installed a Roypow Lithium 105ah Conversion Kit to my EZGO golf cart. I connected all wire as described in the instructions. When I plug the charges into the charging recepticle, it doesn’t appear to charge. The light on the charging unit is green and remains green. I am ordering a new charging recepticle to see if that fixes the problem, but I’m not sure it will work. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Is there a different wiring diagram than what was previously used with the 48v lead acid system? Thank you for your help.
Not familiar with EZ go wiring, but I would check:

See if you have pack voltage at the charging inlet of your cart.

Make sure you have the charger adapter plug firmly and properly attached to the charger main cord (I assume yours has a pigtail adapter the last 10" or so that connects to the cord coming from the charger - it is for Club Car and Ez Go, so they include the proper adapter).

If your adapter is like mine, you could also take that apart and make sure the connections are not loose or mis-connected (even polarity reversed).

Likely the charger and it's cord is OK if I had to bet, and adapter would be more likely a point of trouble.

I assume you have been using the same charging inlet on your cart up until now? Hard to imagine that being an issue.

Good luck with it.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote