View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
boondockpa
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default kf82 hesitation problems after full rebuild

First i'm sorry if i did this wrong. I'm having problems with my '91 cc ds gas kf82. I sent it out to get rebuilt since i'm never done this kind of motor before. It was knocking bad and burning oil, so i got everything, crank, connecting rod, .050 piston and rings, valves, springs, bearings, new balancer gear, new cam and gear. Also got new carb, plug, air filter, fuel pump, and filter. Spent a ton load in parts. Its being a real pain now, hard starting, anything over 1/4 throttle it bogs real bad till about 3/4 throttle. Occasionally when starting cold with the choke it back fires through the carb to. I noticed when you push the throttle quickly from idle it spits fuel out the neck of the carb. Also doesnt seen like it doesnt have much power, i mean my '86 36volt cart with 22's will out pull it on the hills. I'm at a lose, could it be the timing isnt set right, could it need a bigger jet???? it does this with the old carb and the new one. I did recheck the float and im getting around 100 psi compression. its driving me crazy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
boondockpa is offline   Reply With Quote