View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #9
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: 2005 MCI 'spitting' after lift kit even with rebuilt engine

the only change between the tiny spits and the loud bang was the difference between an OEM carb (I read the package and it was designed for the larger cubic inch version, not the 295 so perhaps that's the issue there) and the original carb it had when it rolled in, and any aftermarket version after.

As it sits now, there's no engine in the car at all. we sent it back waiting for our fourth rebuilt. Not holding out much hope though.

Most customers ignore the spitting and act as if it's just par for the course. Sadly, with this guy having known about the broken rod on his old engine, he's paranoid of anything now, including the spitting. He wants the car to remain governor-delete and able to go 25-30MPH which I told him will only ruin the new engine anyway, but he isn't very open minded. We get a lot of that with folks in Kentucky where we are located, especially with any who use garbage Rural King batteries because they're cheap on their electric car.

Before we removed the last engine I had the car set to 17 MPH, reduced the spitting a lot, but not eliminated it. Customer wants 25-30 MPH. I told him to get a side-by-side if that's the goal. He didn't take kindly to that.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote