View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO L6 72v Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthopod View Post
I bought a 2018 easy go L6 72 V kart. This thing is built like a tank , but I was very unhappy at the speed it was throttled down to. It had unbelievable climbing power and would maintain a constant speed even when fully loaded with six adults but I was unhappy with the 17 mile an hour top end speed.

I reached out to a forum member, who graciously met me and we spent the afternoon programming my new L6.

He was able to adjust the top end speed in both rabbit and turtle mode separately . I chose a speed slow enough for my children to be able to drive independently and speed fast enough on rabbit mode that would get us through our curvy hilly neighborhood without killing ourselves .

He was able to change the torque or the start up acceleration. This thing has some serious power and went set the wheels in front and feel like they want to come up. We chose a setting that was not jerky but would accelerate quickly up to top speed .

We were able to change the regenerative Brake settings at both high-speed and low-speed on both turtle and the rabbit mode. We chose settings that assisted braking without feeling jerky or throwing passengers forward, but work toward more aggressive than factory setting. This helps a ton with braking.

He was able to change some electrical settings to maximize the carts efficiency and reduce controller errors.

This is the best modification that anyone could ever think of doing to one of the new 72 V L6 i this is the best modification that anyone could ever think of doing to one of the new 72 V L6’s.

At one point we had it in turtle mode going approximately 30 mph and I was afraid to try to switch it into rabbit mode because at 30 mph it starts getting pretty scary .

Another member was able to come out and ride along during the process. I wish I had more time to cruise around and learn more about the car but I was able to do this in between morning and afternoon patients at my office .

It’s unfortunate that EZ-GO has these things locked down, but after seeing the sheer power that this court has I know now why they do. This thing certainly is capable of doing 40 to 50 mph easily and there are people that would actually probably try that

My settings:
Rabbit: 25mph
Turtle: 16.5 mph

This cart is built like a tank, moves like no other cart I have ever driven, and is stable at 25mph as a six seater. It’s amazing going up a 12-15 degree incline at full power loaded with 6 adults and there is NO slowdown.

The batter life is also unreal. I’ve been driving it hard for 3 hours now and have half charge...
I'm glad we had the time to dial it in exactly as you wanted. The L6 72V is an awsome machine to work with!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote