Old 05-18-2017, 12:50 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

Quote:
Originally Posted by devontruscott View Post
Thanks for the reply Bob.
I have replaced TPS/BPS and controller (Danaher again, tested and working) and the cart still does nothing different than before replacing those parts.
Should I replace the bearing encoder as well> it is on the same 5v circuit.
symptoms: I get 5v on the 5v lead (orange) at the TPS etc if i go to Battery ground, if i measure using the orange and black wire at the sensor I get nothing. But if I use that same black wire to check battery voltage it functions as a ground. (scratching my head)
I have also found that I am getting 3.8 volts through my sensor ground wire.

Solenoid clicks, buzzer sounds in reverse. Parking break is new but doesn't release even in Tow
If the run/tow switch does not release the motor brake, it surely sounds as if there is a problem in that loop, and that would stop the cart from working. The +48V comes through a fuse in a fuseholder that is hidden under a cap that is attached to one edge of the plastic controller cover that the run/tow switch is attached to. That +48V routes through the run plug under the cupholder assembly, through the brake switch at the brake pedal, and to the motor brake plug/socket + side. The - lead comes from the motor brake plug/socket - and routes through the run plug, and to the controller brake FET pin. An error at the controller (power on test fails) will still prevent the motor brake from unlocking when in Tow mode.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote