View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 04:15 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: 2017 Recoil IS and LED light install.. HELP!

I don't know, but most 12v things will work from 10v to 14v. They are made to work best at 12-13.8v a running or not running 12v vehicle would have. They get angry if you get down to 10 and shut off sometimes, same thing at 14v that is too high. The yamaha can charge 14v and causes problems with electronics it can shut down car stereo equipment for example. I would check the voltage you are getting there. Another issue and I don't know, but some power supply or voltage transformers are solid state and work on PWM, means they are turning on/off very fast at some high frequency to keep a certain voltage, and sometimes electronic things you hook to it may not like it. If in fact your module does this, I don't know I'm just guessing you have 48v or something and it is dropping it to ~13v. Putting a capacitor on it may help if that was the issue, a car stereo cap would work or a cap with higher voltage rating like 16 to 20v and enough mf to get rid of the voltage frequency change which is noise to some electronics. Another way is to put a 12v battery on that source it will smooth out the power also. Just make sure it is not over 13.5 or it will overcharge the battery.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote