View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Precedent runs slow. Is there a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomarchio View Post
Recently purchased a 2006 Club Car Precedent which has 2008 batteries. It seemed to be working fine but I have noticed the golf runs slow when compared to other similar carts.

Yesterday, I called the person I purchased the cart from and he is offering a method to speed up the cart to 19.6 mph for a fee. However, I only want the cart to run at the same speed as the other carts. My neighbor purchased a similar cart from the same guy and his runs much faster.

How do I determine whether there is a problem with the cart or if this particular cart is supposed to run slow than others?

Please let me know. Thank you.
The Precedent IQ has 4 speed settings, three of which are no charge and the fourth, Speed Code 4 takes the cart to 19.6 but some run at the 19 mph mark. A CC dealer needs to order the code from CC using your controller serial number and pay for it as well. Most dealers charge around $100 for it installed which takes a special programing tool that they own. I'd go with the code 4 since you still need the programmer to change your speed code if its at the 8, 11 or 14.6 currently, Code 1,2 or 3.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote