View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 12:27 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Randomly Stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsworth View Post
Well I'm going to put an end to this thread. After all the things I have done to correct this I do believe it was my coil wire this whole time that was giving me problems. I'm not 100% sure but ever since I've replaced it I haven't had any problems. It starts and runs every time without stopping.

I don't understand why it was showing I was getting spark when I tested the plug with the old wire but regardless a new wire has seemed to solve the problem I've had for like 3 months. The only thing I can think of is that the insulation on the wire was letting the spark bleed through and was grounding itself out on the engine some way. Whether it was that or something else who knows. Just a guess on my part.

Thanks again for all the help/suggestions!

This absolutely can happen. I’ve had old club cars with the kf82 do the same thing. If you run the engine in a dark shop you can often see the sparks arcing through the insulation and usually zapping the heat shields or head.

Spark plug wire on a golf cart isn’t any different than one on a car. They age, dry, crack, and arc out. It used to be a common maintenance item to replace the spark plug wires in a car every so many years.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote