View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 10:29 PM   #12
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Paint, lift and Lights

Not having good luck with the Jake's lift kit...

I just started installing the kit and all the tie rod ends I received are all left hand thread, there are no right hand thread when there should be two of each. Now I am stuck with the cart half put together and can’t finish!

When I got to the new upper shock bracket install I found thatb the bolt holes on the frame do not line up with the new upper shock brackets so I had to drill new holes so that the brackets would sit flat against the vertical frame supports.

When I got to the lower control arm install. All of the “pre adjusted” Heim joints were loose. None of them were tight so I have no idea what the correct adjustments are. However, I fugure they must still be close and move on.

Now, I'm thinking that this kit seems to have too many issues. I tried to install the spindles but the upper control arms will not go down low enough because they impact the coil-over springs before everything seated correctly. And…the nuts for the bottom of the 1/2” X 6” spindle bolts were not included with the kit.

I'm not sure what the end result will be yet, but I have sent emails with the issues I have encountered...

The shocks were mounted to the center hole in the upper bracket, just like the instructions show.
AEmedic is offline   Reply With Quote