View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 10:36 PM   #24
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Eco Battery 105Ah 48V Lithium Golf Cart

I know they're not the same chemistry. We are talking about the cost of Lithium Ion batteries of ANY chemistry not dropping in price due to the world shortage of Lithium (the metal). All Lithium Ion batteries, whether they are Lithium Iron Phosphate, Lithium Cobalt Oxide, Lithium Manganese Oxide, Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide or any other Lithium based chemistry have Lithium in them. There is no one specific type that is more or less susceptible to the Lithium shortage.

You're the one confusing the matter with the different chemistries. When I specifically wrote Lithium Ion, I was referring to all types of Lithium batteries. You're the one who took me to task for using Ion instead of Iron saying that I should have written Lithium Iron. That is only one specific type of Lithium Ion battery and using Iron would exclude all the other lithium batteries, which would be wrong.

Simply, all Lithium Iron batteries are Lithium Ion batteries but not all Lithium Ion batteries are Lithium Iron batteries.

To use your TV analogy, If there was a shortage of LCD panels, wouldn't it affect both LCD and LED TV's. And, as you say, an LED TV is still an LCD TV, just with different backlighting. A LiFePo4 battery is still a Lithium Ion battery, just with a different chemistry.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote