View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
Club Car 96
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car 96 battery charger not turning off

I have a 1996 Power Drive Plus DS Electric Club Car 48 volt with an On- Board Computer. Last summer i could play 5 holes of golf and it would quit. i replaced the Controller and solved that problem. then this summer the charger would not engage so i read your articles and temporarily by passed the on board computer and jumped the charger to get the batteries to charge.
When the meter read 5 amps for two hours i disconned the charger. i did this for 4 charges only until i was able to replace the on board computer.
with the installation of the on board computer i removed the jumper from the charger and now when i competed my first charge with the new on board computer, the charger comes on and charges until the meter reads 2 amps, but does not shut off.
i checked the batteries which are only 2 years old and after charging and they read as follows.
I have not done a specific gravity test of the cells, but based on the charged readings it appears the batteries are fully charged. what can i do to get the charger to turn off. does it need to cycle a few times before the batteries are "balanced". Any help would be much appreciated.
thank you
Club Car 96 is offline   Reply With Quote