View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 03:14 PM   #1
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Default Picked up a used 18 Onward and have battery questions

I got a great deal on 2018 onward from a guy that ran it for 36 holes of golf and then it sat in his garage for the next 2 years. It still has the knobs on the bottom of the tires and immaculate underneath.

But it has battery issues lol.

I am not 100% how it was kept, but was told plugged in pretty much the whole time except more recently. Think they may have discharged possibly. They have the watering system and he did add water I just dont know how often.

I get about 3 min of run time before the battery light comes on solid, then blinks shortly there after and the cart starts to slow down (oddly enough the factory SOC meter stays full all the time so have a Scottyb's on the way)

So I have some questions as I test things to see if any life can be given back to them...I want to go lithium (allied, roypow) but I want to give it a little more time for some of yall to test them out and for the 160ah roypow to be in stock. So if I had to buy batteries I would probably grab a set of T-875s to tide me over and then sell them when I go lithium. I can get them for about 636 out the door and the guy I bought the cart from offered to pay 1/2 (good guy)

I put it on the charger last night when the solid yellow light was on at about 930pm. All the green lights were solid on the charger when I pulled it off at 1pm today to test the batteries with my Fluke DMM. I know this is a "false un rested reading" and it needs to sit and get level but I wanted to see where it was at.

Total was 50.29

Am I right to assume that is low from the get go? Should it not be much higher being I had just unplug the charger? Did I allow it charge long enough (almost 16hrs).

How long do I let it sit before it would be a "accurate reading" 12hrs or does it really need to be 24hrs? Or do I just test it until I dont see any more voltage drops?

I did not check the water level yet. Can I run the filling system and see if it takes any water without messing up the current voltage testing while it rests? When it charges I can here them bubbling that I know is normal I just dont know how much is in them...there is none boiling over. If it would mess up me letting it rest to get a good volt reading i'll just hold off on the water for now.

Thanks!
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote