View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 06:57 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 1997 club car powerdrive plus,no solenoid click

You don't have "positive" on both sides. Voltage shows in a circuit all the way to the point of the "opening" in the circuit, whether that's the end of a wire, or a switch, or in this case the controller. The solenoids always have power when the pack is connected. The controller engages or disengages the solenoids by closing or opening the negative side. As long as the solenoid coil is good (not open) you will see voltage on both sides of the small terminals.

If the motor is turning the wheels turn. There is nothing in the axle or transmission to disconnect the motor from the wheels other than a massive failure (broken gears, etc).
It sounds like you are not getting negative for the solenoid coils. This is because the controller is not getting proper signals to allow the solenoids to work, OR the controller has failed.
You said it has a black controller, the original regen-1 controllers are shaped like a T. Is that the controller you have? If it is, it's very likely the controller has failed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote