View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 01:48 PM   #10
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Starting My Lithium Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blfinche View Post
I was hoping to start building my pack this weekend, but I'm not going to be home today to receive the batteries and Fedex won't deliver without the signature (Hazardous Materials) of the person who ordered them. I'm still waiting on my controller to ship. I will let everyone know what to expect in shipping times from the vendors I ordered from, when the items arrive.
FED EX was kind enough to leave my cells with out me being home to sign! I was shocked I thought for sure it would be a royal PITA for me to get them.

Good luck with the build man! I did this same setup with the updated ZEVA components. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask everything is pretty straight forward. What size/manufacture controller are you going with? Thoughts on a motor? The weight loss combined with the torque increase = ridiculous.

Watch the regen settings when you first start up. The BMS didn't like much more than 50 amps going to the battery from regen. In my case it might have just been my settings. I was pretty conservative. I have the overvoltage set pretty low on the cells I think 4.1 just to be safe. I kept getting cell overvoltage warnings slowing from full speed. This warning shuts the BMS off.

Also- I didn't wire my BMS to a solenoid so in theory I could run the batteries down past a safe state but it wouldn't happen with out multiple warnings. I have yet to even get to 50% on a single outing.
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote