View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 04:59 AM   #9
Kencart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid clicks but motor does not engage

This evening I went through the entire wireing system to see if anything was wired wrong, here is what I found.

The green/black wire from the controller and one of the red wires run from the smaller solinoid posts were conected together.. These wires are to connect to the back up warning beeper. When I connect them correctly and turn on the key and tow switches it starts beeping until I press on the pedal, then it stops beeping. Then once you put the direction switch to reverse it makes a continuous beep.. Pretty annoying so I can see why the alarm was bypassed.. But is there a need to connect the two wires together... Seems this would not be a good thing to have done.. not sure if this could have damaged the controller.

Also, I found that the small white wire out of the charger resepticle, which turns to red/white, that was hanging disconnected, I see should connect to the Tow switch.. Someone basically bypassed and got power directly from a positive battery post. The reason it was bypassed was understood once I open the charger resepticle and found the Ignition interlock or Reed switch was burnt... It looks like a diode... Is this needed or is it ok to just get power from the battery directly?

It appears that now all wireing is correct but I still have no motor action.. And number 10 pin on the controller still flashes sometimes when I attempt to connect it.. Would it appear the controller shot?

Thanks again,
Kencart is offline   Reply With Quote