View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Curtis or Alltrax 500?

I would not get a Curtis because you cannot program it without an expensive programmer tool.

I tried to get info on that GE 500 amp controller, just not much info out there. It has some adjusting screws that you can turn to adjust some settings but that is about all I know.

The alltrax can have special maps loaded based on whatever motor you get. If I were you though, I would get my motor and controller from the same vendor at the same time so they can make sure the controller is preprogrammed for your motor.

Alltrax stands behind their product. I had a 400 amp controller on my old DS cart and it died after a year, sent to Alltrax and they returned a brand new replacement unit free of charge. Eight years of continued use and never a problem.

My one and only problem with Alltrax was the jerky starts, but like I said, some programming changes and new MCOR fixed that. Also it is very possible your MCOR will be fine

As far as torque increase? Well our golf course is relatively flat but it will take any hill we got with no loss of speed and will accelerate up the hills like it was on flat ground. But I should refer to our "hills" as more like "mounds". And this will be more dependant on which motor you choose as opposed to which brand controller you get.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote