View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Curtis or Alltrax 500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Please keep us updated as I'm on fence as well. I read too many complaints about the Alltrax having jerky acceleration issues with club car IQ systems. I do like the ability to program the Alltrax with a pc though. Can anybody else offer coments on these two?
I was one of the biggest complainers about jerky acceleration and after many discussions in this forum, I decided I would put in a new MCOR and that fixed the problem, cart runs perfect since I did that. And it has worked for others too.

That and changing some of the settings in the controller makes the cart run smooth as stock.

Mine is a DCX500 on a 2008 IQ. I put in a GE D1163 motor that rated 7HP at 5106 RPM and I go 25MPH on stock size tires, great torque. GE stopped manufacturing golf cart motors but Advance is now making that same motor (Advance is the same company Club Car used for stock motors).

I upgraded my solenoid to a 400 AMP HD as recommended by Alltrax on their site. You can get a lot of info on the Altrax site.

I still have stock cables and have not had any problems, and I use my cart for golf exclusively.

If you guys have any questions fire away.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote