View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 09:47 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent alignment issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome3433 View Post
Guy said it happened gradually over 2 weeks. No sudden impact or cause. Anything else it could be?
I worked as a mobile mechanic for a Club Car dealership for a while before I started managing the shop. I heard the same story more times than I can count. There's no way this can happen. Tie rods don't stretch.

Get on the car, drive the car. Turn the steering wheel to the Top dead center, 12 o clock position. Hop off the car and stand in front of the car and look at the front end. One side is going to be correct, pointing straight as the steering wheel should reflect. The other side is going to be wandering way off to the outside of the car. This is the side where the impact was taken. Take a look at the upper control arm on this side. If it's flat it's fine, replace the spindle. If the control arm is bent, you may be able to get away with only replacing the control arm, but more often than not, when a Precedent takes a front end impact the spindle gets bend. Only a slight bend in the spindle can wreak havoc on alignment. I suggest replacing the control arm, clevis, and spindle on that side. If you've got a bent spindle you'll still be able to get proper alignment when going straight, but due to the bend in the spindle this side of the car won't steer at the same rate as the other side, therefore changing your toe throughout the radius of the turn. This will result in the tires chirping when you take a turn and you'll feel the car start to feel like it's hopping.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote