View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #1
rHom.me
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Requested: Curtis 1204 pinout diagram

Hello forum, just joined, to get help with figuring out the controller for Club Car (circa 1980s). I am looking for the pinouts for my unknown controller. I *think* it works: I saw the right wheel turn for a couple of seconds; the guy who sold me the cart said that golf cart rear wheel is powered only 1 wheel at a time (something about slipping).

In the attached picture, you see the stripped down Club Car I just bought today. The model number, VIN, etc are all illegible, but pretty sure its' a Club Car. The motor label reads: Part Num 102237701, 48V 3.10 horse power. Model number is illegible. The only thing I can make out is "Curtis" and "1204". It has the 4 large pins, similar to 1204M_1205M_5K_pot wiring diagram I downloaded from Google, but definitely does not have the J4 (the 4, pin, square connector). Instead, it seems a lot of the cables just seem to be shorted to the battery ground.

* The key-activated solenoid is missing, but I guess I can just short the leads.
* The real problem is that the F-N-R (forward/neutral/reverse) handle is missing, and I don't understand how it's supposed to work from the 1204M_1205M diagram. I would guess it's the mechanical implementation of the H-bridge, but I am hoping correct pinout diagram will clarify things.

Actually, what I really want is a digital control of the F-N-R and the motor speed. I would gladly pay good money for a controller that accepts CAN command, but I am not sure if that will also require a new motor--which I am not sure I have the skills to replace.

Thanks for your reading!

-Henry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Club car.jpg (140.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1204M_1205M_5K_Potentiometer_Wiring_Diagram.jpg (15.5 KB, 0 views)
rHom.me is offline   Reply With Quote