View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Liitle help with throttle setting on DCX500 please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by athomas03 View Post
Terry, also with 8:1's it will take a lot of amps (torque) to pull the wheels up. Jumping from 12.44:1 to 8's kills your low end torque and most of the guys pulling the wheels up are pushing much more than 500 amps. I wouldn't worry, you're losing mph when they pop up....but, I does look cool! Do you spin the wheels pretty good? If so a taller tire may give you a wheelie. If the power is there the small tire will break lose, larger tire will have more traction and lift it up. Reverse??? Spin your axle around and drive in reverse!! Just undo the 1/2 speed cable!
I had quite a bit of chatter on the launch before adding the bars to the suspension. The bars fixed that so the launch is very smooth now with almost zero wheel spin. Just wish the launch was more violent.

The testing I did showed that the 300' times and mph were actually better with the 8:1 gears vs the 12.44:1 gear. I really expected the low end to suffer with the higher gear but the motor is pulling 150 more amps with the 8:1's which is obviously offsetting the gear and then some. The cart is 1/10 sec. or so quicker and about 3 mph faster at 300' after the gear change. I'm super happy with the 8:1's but might try 6:1's later to see what happens. I'd strongly considered getting a DCX600 but was told that it probably would not make any difference. I'd like to try it for myself but it's a bunch of money to spend on something that "might" work better. It kinda surprised me that the motor pulled 584 amps with the DCX500. The motor is running so cool that I feel like we could show it some more amps and not hurt anything.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote