View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Brakeing new battries

Quote:
Originally Posted by john11139 View Post
Just got 6 new Crown batteries to replace the ones that were missing along with cables when I bought my Carryall. Over $800. with no core. I want to make sure I brake them in right. From what I read you should charge them fully and use them till 70% remains. What should my voltage be then? I don't use the cart a lot so can I just charge them when it drops to %70. I understand you should do this at least 30 to 50 times. It might take me all winter to use it that much.
Take it out and run it for 20-30 minutes straight for about 15 times. This can be once every day, or every couple days, depending on when you have time.
Charge after every use. That will be sufficient to "break-in" the batteries. After that use it whenever you need to for however long you need to, but use a voltmeter to make sure you don't discharge the pack below 50%. If you don't use the cart often, you'll probably never get it that low anyway.

Always charge it After every use. Using the cart and then parking it with partially discharged batteries will harm the batteries.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote