View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Z06 Graduates to 48V!

The cart was a 1997 36v Fleet style with an Alltrax AXE 400amp Programmable Controler, as well as 4g Welding Cables. All else on the cart was stock electricly, except for extra 12v goodies. The Alltrax controller was allready rated for 48v.

I added 2-6v batteries wired in series for a total of 48vdc, one under the drivers side, and one in the passenger's bagwell:

The white wire from the cart charge receptacle was moved from it's original position at the Main Pack Positive upstream 2 batteries to it's new position on battery 3 positive terminal. Now the Powerwise charger only "sees" 36vdc and can still be used as normal. The additional charger is hooked up across batteries 1 and 2 in the pack, and as such only "sees" 12vdc. Both chargers are running simultaneously, no wires have been disconnected.

All of the control wiring still only "sees" 36v (this reading is across the small posts of the stock solenoid, key on, cart in gear, light pressure on the go pedal to activte solenoid circuit):

And the main pack now totals 48vdc (and then some!):

This pack voltage was after running the cart Friday night and all day Saturday, just as I was preparing to leave Sunday. I don't think range will be an issue. I saw 53.9vdc last weekend after a full charge cycle.

This is a VERY EASY upgrade if you have the proper controller already. [/QUOTE]
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote