View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
trevinom
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 Club Cart DS, runs but constantly clicks/jerks

Good morning guys. Long time member, first time poster.
I've got a 2001 Club Cart DS that I purchased a couple of years ago that had been working fine. Recently, it started hesitating while moving in forward or reverse with a constant clicking that I've narrowed down is coming from the solenoid.
I live in a golf course community with a club cart mechanic, so I took it to him.
The first thing he said was that the MCOR was probably bad. So I bought a new one and installed it...same problem.
He then said that the batteries were weak and needed new ones (I bought the current ones used but in good shape).
He also claimed that I needed a new OBC because when he connected his charger, it didn't come on.
I had already hooked up my voltmeter to the batteries and got readings of between 8.15 and 8.3 volts, the total pack was putting out 49.4 volts
I brought it home and hooked it up to my charger and after a few seconds, the charger came on. From what I've seen posted by you guys, if the charger comes on, the OBC has done it's job.
I've raised the rear wheels and can feel the solenoid clicking while the cart is jerking but the wheels turn based on how far I press the accelerator.
At this point, I'm thinking it's either the solenoid or the controller.
Am I on the right track? The mechanic said that the batteries are dropping to 46.2 Volts under load which is what's causing the jerking/clicking noise.
At this point, I no longer trust him even though he says he's got 15 years of experience.
I don't want to spend $600 on new batteries only to have the problem persist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by trevinom; 01-07-2019 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: grammar
trevinom is offline   Reply With Quote