View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
Bodave2
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ-GO 36v medalist series cart speed/torque issue

Hi guys, i recently got my father a cart off of craigslist for Christmas and after a week or two of running slow, I have had trouble getting her to run properly. Soon after I bought it it stopped working. I first replaced the solenoid, nothing. Then I installed a alltrax 400amp speed controller, nothing. I finally had one of my friends come out with a multimeter and we found there was no voltage going to the small positive terminal at the solenoid and no clicking sound. The LED on the speed control was not lighting up too. We pulled out the ignition and there was no voltage there also. So we rigged up our own wiring from the battery to the ignition and now it works. Every time i press the gas the controller lights up and turns off when i release the gas. Is that correct? Also i had to replace the steering rack and gears and that was a bitch but now i have no play in the wheel. So now after all this work, the cart still has very little torque going up hill i had hoped the bigger controller i got would make it have more pep but its slow. Am i expecting too much from her? The golf course my dad lives on has alot of hills and i want to get this sucker better for Christmas, please help.
Bodave2 is offline   Reply With Quote