View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ME29 transaxle info

Good info. Thanks. Haven't done any measuring yet, other than checking the width where the swing arm bolts on the brackets on each end of the axle. 25.5" for both rear ends so that dimension is good. I'm happy I found what I needed but like I said it took a year. One of my hobbies is I like working on vintage John Deere garden tractors and I can find whatever I need fairly quickly. I also have a C3 Vette and a 50 Ford pickup and parts for them are easy as pie to locate too. Not used to beating the bushes as hard as I had to find the 4 stroke rear end.

I know you guys are visually orientated so I posted a pic of the cart. It has a new 13 HP Honda clone in it but I'm seriously thinking about using that engine for something else and picking up a 20 HP V twin. The cart also has a new drive clutch/belt, new seats, a new plastic nose piece (I was surprised to find one) and some other goodies like wheels/tires and a nicer looking steering wheel (not installed yet). I'll be taking the cart completely apart for sand blasting and paint in a month or so when better weather comes along. That's my favorite part of a build.

army is offline   Reply With Quote