View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 08:32 AM   #10
dgt
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Transaxle housing leaking fluid 2014 Drive

After reading cgtech's post above, I checked the gear oil level after I put in 45 oz, and my level was a little less than 1/4" below the bottom level of the fill hole threads. So I added additional gear oil until the level reached the bottom of the threads. It took 7 oz more, for a grand total of 52 oz to fill the gearbox to the bottom of the threads. My measurement was not as precise as cgtech, I'm going off of the measurement marks on the side of the 32 oz gear oil bottles, so I could be off an oz. And I'm not questioning cgtech experience - in fact just the opposite - just wondering why my gear box doesn't match the "44 oz to bottom of threads" that he's seen in the many other Team axles he's worked on.

So far, I have no leaks through the axle seal weap hole with this amount of gear oil. I'll replace the axle seals this winter anyway as a precaution, and will then use the gear oil concoction that gctech uses on the refill. My cart is used in extreme heat much of the year and is used to climb and descend a very long and steep hill regularly loaded with well over 650 lbs, so I want the best protection I can get for the gears and the brakes.

Thanks for your help and responses
dgt is offline   Reply With Quote