View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 08:54 PM   #5
dgt
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Transaxle housing leaking fluid 2014 Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Sorry, but you are boned my friend. The seal is all the way up in the axle. It requires a ton of labor (transaxle removal & total disassembly, split the whole axle in half). The seal gets changed only from the inside, totally impossible to change from the outside. All for a cheap little seal. Been there, done that, many times..... Broke a few tools doing it..

I can get you a part number for the seal.
I have this exact same problem. It started when I changed the transaxle bearings along with transaxle fluid a couple of months ago. After replacing the bearings and filling the transaxle to the top of the fill hole, fluid started leaking out of both the right and left side weap holes. By the next day, the right side weap hole stopped leaking, but the left side (drivers side) continued to leak for another day. I topped the fluid off again and it leaked again out the left side weap hole for 24 hours.

My question is - how much fluid is left in the transaxle when it leaks through the weap hole until, I assume, the fluid level drops below the leaking seal level? Question #2 - since I've been driving the cart with the fluid at this level for a couple of months, should I assume I've destroyed the transaxle/brakes/etc? If so, it basically totals the cart because of the siignificant cost of these replacement parts. It is running fine with no noticable axle or braking issues that are obvious - but what's happening inside the axle I don't know.

Any additional information on this is appreciated. -Doug
dgt is offline   Reply With Quote