Old 06-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Precedent Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Hey guys, new to the group.

I just bought a new cart and had a few questions. This will be used some for golf but mostly around the farm and running down the oil top roads to the neighbors. This cart is stock with no mods. I would like more speed and ground clearence. I think it is on the golf speed setting. If I take it to a dealer and they reprogram for "privite" setting, will I see much of a difference? I have also thought about a lift but 3" or 6" and what type? Will a lift and bigger tires put a strain on the OME motor?

Thanks,

Colby
Do a lift up to 6"
22" Tires
Plum Quick Purple Motor
Then your speed should be around 22-24mph with Code #3

If you also do Private Code #4 to the above you'll see speeds around 24-26mph constant without any controller changes. This is the setup I have current on my cart without a controller upgrade.

I would NOT do a gear change since the motor is not designed for additional torque, especially with already changing to larger diameter tires.

But the best advice is to contact PlumQuick and get their opinion of what you're wanting to do. By the way... there is something in the wind about doing an IQ to Series PQ conversion and getting speeds up to 40 mph. Ask them about that as well.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote