View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 12:21 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 04 Club Car Battery Load Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by antatich View Post
Checked everything out and have the wires running correct. I did run the bypass wire from the negative (black wire) at the plug to back negative on the driver side rear battery. The batteries do come up on charge after an hour but not much on the passenger ones. I did order a 15 amp charger to see if that makes a difference. I hope the charger was a smart charger or for "Non OBC".

The only other thought is if I ran the bypass to the wrong battery or if the bypass should not remain connected at all times. The bypass should run to the main pack negative, which is the Neg (-) post the with the cable that runs to the back of your cart. It will not have a jumper (series) cable on that post. And yes, that is a permanent connection as you use it to complete your charging circuit. (Pretend that is the black alligator clamp you would hook up on your garage charger.)

They do see as though the charger just cannot get them up enough or doesn't have enough juice. Hopefully the new charger works. If you did not move the black cable and it was in the right place, and the red wire from the charge receptacle is running to the main pack positive, then everything in regards to the charge circuit is correct. You just do not have enough amperage to support the demand of the pack...

Thanks for the help!
See above...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote